Effective Date: September 7, 2011
Our Commitment to You
When it comes to your privacy, we will:
- respect your privacy choices
- use your personal information in accordance with applicable laws
- be open with you about how we use and protect your information
We will not:
- Collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, except where required by law
- Sell your personal information to third parties
Your Responsibilities Regarding Privacy
Please note that email sent over the internet is usually not transmitted in an encrypted format. We suggest you do not send confidential information to us or anyone else by unencrypted email.
The Privacy Principles that Guide Us
In accordance with the ten principals that PIPEDA has established in the Act, Dractus has taken the following initiatives:
- Accountability: The appointed Compliance Officer is responsible for all privacy policies and enforcement in Dractus. The Officer also is responsible for the training of all staff in accordance with the organization’s privacy policies.
- Identifying Purposes: Dractus will always be clear and open about the reasons we are collecting personal client information. Generally, we obtain personal information previous to or at the time of the collection to help us better meet your financial needs—to provide services for your use, to verify your identity, to ensure we maintain our high service standards, to maintain commercial relations or communicate to our clients as related to our services provided, or to meet regulatory requirements. Information could also be obtained with your permission from financial institutions and/or other parties to meet your service requirements.
- Consent: Consent shall be obtained where possible by Dractus for any and all personal information collected, used or disclosed with exceptions where specific legal or security reasons may make it impractical to seek consent. Consent may be given verbally, in writing or electronically. Dractus will not ask any individual to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond what is needed for proper application of its provided services.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Dractus will limit the collection of personal information to the purposes identified to you. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties. Personal information shall only be retained as long as necessary per the Dractus’ guidelines for information retention and destruction.
- Accuracy: We will make reasonable efforts to keep your information accurate, complete and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to promptly notify Dractus of any changes to your personal information.
- Safeguarding Your Information: Dractus makes their staff aware of the importance of protecting client information. Personal information of clients and employees will be safeguarded against unauthorized access, disclosure, copying or misuse as stated by the company security policy.
- Openness: The privacy policies and practices that apply to the management of personal information shall be made available to clients and employees. If you have any concerns, please notify us directly via the Privacy Officer.
- Individual Access: Upon request, an individual may be given reasonable access to their information and may correct any personal information if its accuracy and completeness is found to be deficient. Subject to any applicable prohibitions or exemptions in the Act, you will be given access to that information. Please submit your request in writing to the Privacy Officer, including as much specific information related to your request as possible.
- Recourse to Compliance: The Company’s Compliance Officer will address any and all issues in a timely fashion. The Compliance Officer will ensure that any of these issues are investigated and work with the complainant to ensure appropriate measures are taken to address and correct identified issues.
Contact the Privacy Officer
If you have any questions or need additional information; please email our Privacy Officer at: